What is 12 hours for the homeless?
Youth in Transition Inc.’s major fundraiser to support the operation of Chrysalis House.
Its 12 hours of your time to keep a real roof over the heads of teenage youth.
WHEN: Saturday October 1, 2016(6:00PM – 6:00AM)
WHERE: Officer’s Square, Fredericton
~Enter a team and collect pledges
~Use your team’s creativity and engineering skills to build a cardboard shelter
~Sleep* in your shelter for the night
~There will be food and music on site
~Contest and prizes for:
Most creative Shelter
Most authentic shelter
Most money raised, and
Best team cheer!
* We do not guarantee sleep, only fun!
IT’S ABOUT MORE THAN MONEY
12 Hours for the Homeless helps to achieve three important goals:
- To raise awareness – about the injustices faced by youth on the streets, the realities of homelessness in New Brunswick, the societal causes of homelessness, and the need for persistent attention on promoting youth’s equity.
- To foster collaboration – between the residents of Chrysalis House, the Government of New Brunswick, concerned citizens, and our socially responsible corporate partners.
- To raise much needed funds to operate Chrysalis House, a residence putting focus into the lives of homeless and at risk youth through education, social interaction, and life skills development.
So, Get Involved
- by calling 451-4767 or emailing Register Team email@example.com
- Enter a team and raise money
- Build a cardboard shelter
- Live in it for twelve hours